02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
Promoting. I have no interest in making money.

I just want a full exhaust for my car, so I went out of my way to get a company to start making them.

The whole lets swap to m5 muffler thing doesn't work for me. There is a reason why M5 guys swap exhausts.

The industry I work in is a vendor to the car industry, not aftermarket. I work with dealers like BMW / Chevrolet / Toyota / etc etc.
Cool, good work. The current options for full exhaust are terrible, and the axleback setups are ridiculously expensive.

There is nothing wrong w/ the M5 muffler swap, it's a matter of need and function. For most people on here, the stock 550 exhaust is way to quiet as it's dead silent, and they want a little more sound/volume, or which the M5 mufflers do the trick. They're not looking for radically loud exhaust, or obsessive about performance gains.

The reason M5 guys swap exhaust is because they want more sound than they already have. The performance gains of exhausts on an M5 are minimal, less so than on a 550. Also, more people buy M5 that are performance drivers than that which buys a 550, on average.
Appreciate 0