02-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
Yes the performance gains for a 550 on a exhaust is much greater then a m5. m5 coming with 3 inch piping and all.

I guess to each their own man.

I can only tell you my personal opinion, which is paying 1k for a m5 muffer swap parts and labor for just sound isn't really something I can mentally justify.

with a custom built xpipe and m5 mufflers / tips etc your spending even more.

I rather just have a full system. designed for the car. For around the same price.. but there is nothing out .. and what is out is for the 2011-13 and prices are INSANE.
Agreed, to each their own. Your exhaust sounds great, but its loud and obnoxious for my needs (just like Sergey's is). If I were single, and only rode alone, it would be good. For most 550 owners, I think that is the case too. Also, I am curious to hear the exhaust on a stock catted car, as yours is catless. It's def. much less aggressive, and I might think quite differently about it. Maybe I'll end up with one if your downpipes are really whats killing it for me right now. I had a full catless 135i before this, and it got old, quickly.

Not being able to mentally spend $1k on M5 mufflers/x-pipe/labor is the not same as not being able to spend $3k on Eisenmann/Supersprint mufflers alone. Same as people spending $1k on a CF front lip, or anything above $3k on wheels is nuts for some, and normal for others. I have watches worth 5x some spend on wheels, I just could never justify it for wheels.

Moral of the story is... you're right... no full system exists for what the LSD setup will likely cost. And there's a lot to be said for that, so thank you from those who are going to send up getting it. It's going to be the best value option for those wanting a full system, for complete sound and more power. It's sad the availability for the F10 platform but it's dictated by sales volume of the car and the demographic and desire of those to mod.
Appreciate 0