View Single Post
      04-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
I have the hifi pro on my F06 and I have no regret not getting the B&O.

The following story sums it up pretty well.

My friend was waiting of his Porsche Panamera GTS delivery and wanted to test how his music on the USB sounded in car. So he brought his music on his USB and tested on my F06. Sounded fine. He wonders whether the BOSE in his GTS will sound better. So I asked him to tell me after he got his car.

Fast forward to 3-weeks post GTS delivery. I asked him how the BOSE system sounded. My friend said he did not know.

I said, "You did not know how to turn on the system?" He just said, "No, the music in the GTS is the exhaust note. Why contaminate with other noises?" I tend to agree as I test drove the GTS. The exhaust note was intoxicating! And he is decent enough not to rub it in further with comments like "I guess you guys will have to listen to fake engine sounds......"

Which brings me back to thinking. Has BMW truly lost its way..... Here we are, talking about stereo upgrades, and yet, BMW has lost all those little fine details that made driving a BMW exciting. And really had to add it all back via artificial recorded engine noises and artificial steering response......

I still remembered when I had my AMG C55. I had to had it to the AMG guys as they opened up a duct specifically to channel engine/exhaust note to the cabin, that made a world of difference......

Ah well, enough ranting. Pretty soon, we will feel like we live in a Matrix, where everything seems not quite right.......
Appreciate 0