View Single Post
      04-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport Touring F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housey View Post
I recently bought an F10 530D M-Sport and have a few questions, which I would really appreciate some help with please for those that have been down the same road.
  1. Can someone who has changed from run flat tyres to normal tyres on the 19" sport wheel provide some views on ride improvement?
  2. Has anyone installed the iPhone cradle that allows access to the roof ariel and does this improve the signal?
  3. Has anyone remapped the car successfully to increase BHP and if so, what sort of results are you seeing?
  4. Has anyone any pointers are reputable and quality tow bar installs that can be removed when not in use?
  5. Could someone tell me what the latest software updates are and what they change/improve?

Car is running standard Sport suspension and doesnt have active cleverness and the ride is fine but when pushing on it does wobble is bum a bit too much and is to easily unsettled on bumpy roads, which I suspect is in the main down to the tyres.

Thanks in advance for the feedback, new to this forum but been on PH, PureGT, OCUK Motors, BMW3W/MTorque (when it was there!) and many more for years.
I too went for the Factory Electric Towbar options so can't help you on that. but as for 2.
The iphone does not have an external antenna connection so with the iPhone it's not possible to have a direct connection to the roof antenna but the cradle does have some capacitive coupling from the phone to the antenna and while this is not ideal it is better than nothing. I see a marginal improvement compared to just putting the phone in the armrest. However putting the phone on top of the dash with a non slip grip works just as well. However the cradle does have some other advantages.
There are 3 models of the Cradles
  1. Basic
  2. Music
  3. Media
Basic just gives you a holder, charging, and capacitive antenna connection.
Music adds the ability to play Music via usb together with album art, and support for BMW Apps
Media adds the ability to play videos and use the Plugin feature to control the iPhone.

Note some of the features above require options to be installed.

Hope this helps

Jon
Appreciate 0