View Single Post
      06-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #19
kripsykreme
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 09 M3, 06 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo//SD View Post
I, too, drove the 550i yesterday at a driving event. Nice car overall, but I didn't care for the floaty feeling. Maybe it's because I'm currently in a Z4 M Coupe and previously E46 M3 coupe...
I think F10 is even more disconnected than E60.

Funny thing a lot of people were complaining how bad E60 was a follow up to E39. The same issue now exist with F10. Too much technology for no true purpose. I really think BMW has moved too much toward mainstream.

Seriously, I really don't get it why do I need a comfort setting on dynamic handling. At sports +, the suspension is already a little on the soft side. Why do a BMW owner want their car to drive and handle like a lexus? Don't get it.

Too many useless technology adding weight and no purpose. Each generation of 5 has gotten more heavier with useless technology(yes i know the base F10 is 50 lbs lighter- but i doubt that after adding all the junk options.) Very disappointing. Go back to the root. Outside the roadster (even that has gotten fat and less agile), the only thing that really reminds me of good ol day is the current 135i. Small, agile, with big power and tires. Fun to toss around, and most importantly almost no electronic gizmo.
Appreciate 0