United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i 2014

Garage List
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYINAZ View Post
I know I shouldnt come here to vent, but where else is anyone going to listen to a long time BMW 550 enthusiast. Well maybe another BMW forum.

My 2016 550 Msport is nearing its 3 year term and its about to mature. I visited BMW and found a 550M and I got to say it just doesn't look like the F10.Yeah allot of us new this and I just couldnt bare it. There is nothing aggressive or mean looking about it. It looks weak, like a VW Passat on steroids.

Personally the design team should all be fired! And they want anywhere from 90-104 K nicely loaded. I am on my third 550. Is anyone else walking away from BMW?

The sedan market appears to be on the death march! Now Caddilac is copying the BMW motor displacement with a twin turbo v-8....Im just not ready for a caddy I am under 50!........
Went to a dealership to trade in my 550 and Test drove the M550. Disappointed in just a few minutes with the M550, asked if I could take the M5 out and they agreed. Loved the M5. I must say that it's loaded with Tech but the difference BMWs had from several years ago from the rest of the competition, that's starting to go away. Simplest of VW and Volvos have everything from a BMW.

Overall I am disappointed with the steering wheel response. The car was fairly new and way more expensive than I can afford so didn't speed a lot, with the fear I might crash, but engine felt very responsive. HUD is improved. Gear shifter doesn't feel as great.

All said and done, I wouldn't be as keen to shell out 120k+ when I could still be happy with 90% of the car at half the price from another brand.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Ickdeep5722.50
Kyngofpop676.00