View Single Post
      08-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
rsyed
Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW

no active steering?

I have owned 5 different BMWs in the last 5 years and trust me, the 6 months when I did not have active steering (520d) were the worst in these 5 years. I hated the car at every roundabout.

I really don't want to talk you into things but IMHO, drop the adaptive drive for th m-sport suspension, put a tick next to the active steering and buy yourself some non-rft tires. You will love it!!

I know you are coming from a e92 with 19" wheels. BUT please remember, teh 19" on a e92 have 67mm of tire wall. compare this with the 18" of a f10, you are getting 110mm of tire wall. You are generally getting a softer ride with the f10 than with your e92 because of the additional tire wall you are getting. on top, I assume you had rfts on your e92 - this definitely did not add much to the comfort either. considering you are getting a m-sport, I assume you do want a "harder" ride than the standard SE model. With 18" and adaptive drive, half of the settings will be too soft for you.. as we call it in the german forums, you will get the mercdes benz "soft" drive feeling

Insta: bmw.shitbox

Last edited by rsyed; 08-12-2010 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0