View Single Post
      06-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #10
dblock2151
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Msport DG

So I had the Dunlop RFT for 28k on my Msport 550i (same wheels as you), they were my first run flats on any vehicle, and they felt rougher than the big wheels I ran back in the day (22's with a 30 series sidewall) on my E53 X5.

I needed new tires and knew I wasn't going run flats again. The AS3's came out just around the time my tire search started. I wanted the Michelin Pilot SuperSports, but the tread life turned me off as I drive my car Spring-Fall, and store it for the winter. The AS3's seemed to be the best bet, and I do not regret my decision. Great grip, long tread life (almost double of the SuperSports), great turn-in and response. Have had them for about 7k miles and at this stage would definitely buy them again.

People say they're loud, but the F10 is so sound deadened you realy can't hear anything. The bumps feel like pudding compared to running over a brick with the run flats. These tires are more agile, and I have had no issues with them at all.

Fun Fact: The AS3's are a more "square" tire compared to the rounder sidewall's of the Dunlop's. This makes the tires look beefier and makes me look a tad bit more lowered.

Lastly, they suck in the snow, and strongly advise RWD owners with rough winters to choose something else. These were perfect for me because they still have great grip in cold temps (below freezing) and are even better in hotter temps (110F).

Appreciate 0