View Single Post
      09-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #120
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I agree with you. custom tune is much much better. I have Bootmod3 in my F10 528i and its day and night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TShoot View Post
My best advice for you would be a custom tune and not a piggy bacy. I had an RC Ultimate and tried every setting I could. I ONLY run 93 octane gas.

I never had it dynoed, but if I had to do it all over again for that car, I would check out what custom tunes are out there. I did get a drive train malfunction at one of the higher settings. But, I carry an OBDII scanner with me at all times.

I lowered the setting to D (or E/F). Cleared the error and it worked fine.

Customer tune, Higher Flow intercooler, catless downpipes, premium fuel should net you much more than you ever get with a piggyback.

BootMod3, BPC (Bimmer Performance Center) would be good starting points.

I sold the 535i for a tuned 2016 650i Gran Coupe with cartess downpipes, two range cooler setting on the plugs with an minimum of 93 Octanne. They dyno said it gave and extra 125WHP and almost as big of a gain in torque.

That tune definitely HUGE help. My sport gauges used to top out at 440HP and 480 Ft/lbs of torque (to the crank). With the tune, it pegs both HP and TRQ almost instantaneously.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0