09-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #44
JUSTIN808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X4MC, 22 Ridgeline RTLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The Top HiFi woofers are 7ohms and the Top HiFi OEM amp output is about 125w. The HiFi woofers are 2ohms and their power is 40W. Both use the same ~4 amps to move their woofers but much different voltage levels to accomplish their job.

What the Top HiFi will give you is a more defined and accurate bass and mostly because of the different driver, but not necessarily a much louder or deeper bass than the HiFi. You will get a much better result with replacing the front HiFi components with Top HiFi as both are 2ohms, but the Top HiFi components are more sensitive and accurate. So the 25W to those components are going to be more efficient.

By the way -going from HiFi to Top HiFi requires rewiring (including new fiber optic cables and connectors) and coding. Unless you get the parts extremely cheap and you do the job yourself then the upgrade will not make any economic sense as it will not sound as good for the cost as a well-thought aftermarket system.
Thanks for the info. If I need better sound after the front speaker replacements I will go aftermarket. I don't know of any coders in my state and this would make it impossible to upgrade to top hi fi. I appreciate all the info you provided. Thank you...
Appreciate 0