06-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rangdo View Post
Well after a few days driving about I feel in the same situation. Idling is now much smoother, the occasional hard gear change thump has gone, but as soon as I drive it's like I'm feeling the road surface directly through the wheel and pedals, stronger than I recall before all the recent issues.

It's not revs related, and it does vary some with road surfaces so the smoother the surface the better/less the vibes are.

When I got the wheels balanced at the weekend I also had them rotated (all RFT, moved 4k old Pirelli C7s from front to back, 18k old RE050A from back to front) but that's not changed it. Surely I'd be unlucky to have harsh tyres from 2 manufacturers at different ages.

So I just don't know if I'm being totally anal or there's something else to investigate. I'm trying to ignore it to try and rule out my head but roads I don't remember 'feeling' are a lot more obvious now.

Well like I said, you know your own car and even if you can't describe it properly, you know something has changed or something is wrong.

But convincing anybody else, such as the engineers, you'll unfortunately have great difficulty with.

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0