Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
The stealership is always out to get us. When my AC is on it smells like sh*t. Not literally, but it smells really bad like mildew and dampness. I remember last year before it smelled I used to spray air freshener directly into the AC vents. If I change my cabin air filter would it help any or should I do something else??
The mildew smell can come from at few things: air filter, wet leaves/debris in or around the system, and water around the evaporator coil. The filter is the first thing to check. Check for leaves and debris while the filter is out. Your last ditch effort would be a cleaner that is sprayed into the vents (inside and outside) to kill off the mildew.
Thanks. Will definitely check. I'm sure changing both filter and that cleaner will be good because the smell is a combination of mildew and also of that air freshener smell I used to spray into the vents. The combination smell isn't pleasant to say the least, sometimes I prefer to just freeze my ass off instead of put the heat on lol
Appreciate 0