View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #82
Ronsell
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc View Post
Hi,

Proud owner here of a 1 week old 535i! Space Gray on Oyster Dakota Leather with the anthracite wood... Premium 1, Premium 2, Convenience Package and Cold Weather Package. I love the suspension, the NAV, the ultra quiet cabin, and the all the little features that make this car so amazing! But there's one problem.

When I test drove it, I drove it like I stole it and red lined it at every chance I got! And it's a great peformer. The problem is, in real world driving I rarely get the chance to do that. Instead, I'm finding that at VERY low speeds, the car has a hard time figuring out what I want.... Idiling along in traffic and then lightly touching the gas either gives no response, or too much of a response as it ramps up and I lurch forward. From a stop it's the worst. Driving through the neighborhood, parking lots, or stopped at a light, I get a very unlinear acceleration response when just slowly moving forward. Yes, the 0-60 is amazing. ... It's that gentle touch of the pedal that keeps my occupant's heads from jerking that I'm not able to attain!

Is anyone else having this problem? Took it to the dealer and the technician who rode with me and also drove it said he got what I was saying and kind of recreated it too, but didn't offer a solution. The shop has not seen any of these cars come through for any reason because it's so new... so I'm looking for any other owners who are also having this problem?! Are any of you experiencing the transmission hunting for the right speed, or the sensation of a jerk as the engine over compensates, or is it me??

Trying to be a smooth operator!! Thanks for your responses.
I'm having the same problem.
Appreciate 0