View Single Post
      04-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
mikelori
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 550ix

Known issue of Dinan Stage 1 -efficientdynamics indicator not working

Hi,

I did the Dinan software upgrade on March 30 at BMW Seattle.
One thing I noticed after the upgrade is mileage indicator is behaving differently, maybe faulty.
When I lift my foot from gas or sink my foot on brake, the indicator of mileage gauge doesn't go to blue side, showing efficientdynamics kicks in and battery is being charged with wasted(?) energy. Also, the indicator stays longer on red side, which shows l/100km, km/1l or mpg. This makes me feel bad, since the gas price is relatively high in canada, $1.50 per liter or $5.6 per U.S. gallon. Well, gas mileage of this car is not much of concern, and I understand I have to pay what it needs to burn. However, I don't wanna it to consume more than what it needs or is designed to.
So, I checked with 3 Dinan dealers (BMW Seattle, AutoWest BMW in Richmond BC, and Brian Jessel BMW in Vancouver BC), and non of them is aware of this issue. All they said was "Bring in the car, we will see what is going on."
Finally, I decided to call Dinan, and the Dinan tech confirmed that none of cars with efficientdynamics gauge is correctly showing the reading. They are aware of this issue and also working on it. However, everything on the car is working as it supposed to. Lastly, they will inform me as soon as there is available update or fix for this issue.
Appreciate 0