Thread: New 520D ED
View Single Post
      04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
ds1980
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d SE E91

Thanks for reply. Yeh felt a bit sorry for one guy as i kind of knew his bottom line. he started at £350 pm even though i knew i could get the same motor at £290 pm. He was virtually begging at the end! service pack doesnt seem worth it? only plan to have car three years and do 30000 miles. which service plan do you have? Happy to be convinced otherwise. Would only need oil and brake service with possible inspection at that mileage. Got to be less than £475 which is service pack price i think. Tyres is no brainer if you know how to play it. I'll get through at least 6 I imagine and I won't need to pay anything else. At £150-200 a corner that'll be some saving ;-) Gaps a gimmick I keep thinking but at that money it's possibly worthwhile? Glasses guide on motor is 5300 for average miles. Good condition but with bumper ding from kerb (blame the wife!) It's swings and roundabouts. Less you put in the more you're financing and "paying" for. I have an offset account so the less money coming out the better it works so paying in cash would have been nearly as expensive as financing so not worth it for me. Happy to be swayed. Still not finalised.
Appreciate 0