View Single Post
      05-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
sequential
Rep
Drives: 535d M-Sport Touring

I also saw the 535d M Sport at Wentworth and posted about it

Quote:
My dealer invited me to Wentworth where BMW are sponsoring the PGA Championship this week.

As well as a large tented village where they are showing their complete range of cars I was promised a private viewing of the new F11 before its launch in September.

I was looking forward to this but expected to see only the SE version of the car so I was really surprised when I was shown the full M sport 535d!

It looks sensational!

Had a chat with a very informative lady who said she was part of the development team. A few highlights:

The car will be called 535d, not 540d as many expected, and will have the same 299hp version of the twin turbo engine as found in the GT.

The M sport range will be available at launch in September. Full details will be made available in early July.

The car I saw was in Carbon Black with 19″ m sport wheels but 18″ will be standard.
It will have sport suspension as standard which lowers the car slightly but this can be deleted if required. The adaptive drive option will not lower the ride height.

The front of the car is really aggressive with a bumper similar to the new 3 series coupe m sport. The rest of the aero kit is quite subtle with extended side sills and a slightly reworked rear bumper with an extra crease in it. The 535d has single exhaust pipes left and right.

Inside, the trim was a silver hexagon pattern which I didn’t really like due to the contrast with the plain alloy strip at the base of the trim which is a feature of all F10/F11’s. However, the rest of the interior was Black/Black Dakota with sport seats and looked great.

The whole car looked very dynamic and very sleek compared to my current E61.

I’ve already placed an order with my dealer!
Got a load of abuse from some people on the forum who did not believe me so it's good to hear from someone else who was there.

I was told the M-Sport should be available for the launch of the F11 in September.
Appreciate 0