View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
the_rangdo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 528i F11 (2015)

Well it ended up being quite a shopping list of stuff as I got some minor niggles looked at while it was in for the vibration.

The 70-75mph wheel balance wobble is apparently a buckled alloy - no idea how I've done that but new wheel arrives tomorrow.

Got a new front offside shocker bush fitted which has resolved a bit of a knocking noise over low-speed lumpy surfaces. A new catalytic converter/front silencer as something occasionally rattled loudly in there. And a new drivers kick plate as the silver strips kept coming off.

The main thing I took it in for, the high freq vibes, they said was related to a service bulletin around the steering wheel airbag, and a software update apparently should fix it.

A smooth running test was done, all o.k. on that so the injectors should be fine, yet the vibes are still there. No other faults recorded. Not really sure how they could pass it off as cured really, I feel like I've got pins'n'needles while driving.

Obviously it's going to get mentioned again tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm trying figure out where the problem could be.

Maybe pure coincidence but this all started when V-Power changed to being Nitro+. Could that cause it maybe? Can't find any issues when Googling.

Also, doing a standing torque test on the engine (foot on brakes and revving) to test the engine mounts. The engine moves about an inch to the left when in reverse, it moves about 1.5 inches to the right (forward). How much movement is normal?

Not feeling the joy at the moment.

Last edited by the_rangdo; 05-14-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0