05-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #40
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
ARE YOU KIDDDDDDINNNG ME. McLaren is SERIOUSLY starting to look like a bunch of F**** retards. ALL the pit stops and NOW THIS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I am UBER mad.

Hamilton excluded from qualifying

Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his pole position and will start from the back of the grid at Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix after failing to return to the pits under his own power at the end of Q3.

Hamilton stopped on track at turn nine after setting his pole position time and under Article 6.6.2 of the sport's technical regulations he is required to return to the pits to give a fuel sample. McLaren argued that he stopped for reasons of force majeure because a team member failed to fuel his car for the in-lap, but the FIA rejected that explanation saying: "As the amount of fuel put into the car is under the complete control of the competitor the stewards cannot accept this as a case of force majeure."

Hamilton was excluded from the results and will have to start from the back of the grid. The verdict means Pastor Maldonado will start from pole position and Williams takes its first pole position since the 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix.

More to follow.

http://en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/78463.html
Wow that was incredibly harsh of them. I expected them to strip him of his fastest Q3 time at WORST.
Appreciate 0