View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #63
FrankyD
Rep
Drives: F10 525D Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgbkr200 View Post
My son's a BMW tech. The holding the throttle down to reset thing is an old wives tale that's been going around for a long time. the only way to reset the adaptive controls is through the computer. I've had the 12 9 11 upgrade and doesn't help either. It's a software issue and BMW needs to get their act together and fix it.
Oh, really!!!

My local BMW workshop chief was actually also a bit sceptic about this trick.. But when he tried it on my car after software update, he got completely excited to see the results! I tried it myself few times and I could feel much more of an effect effect, than after any adaptation resets "through the computer". Trust me, I’ve been around 15 times to the workshop in 2011 with software issues.

One more fact. They flashed my i-drive in Jan 2011 and in April 2011 after which the gearbox stated jerking. They could not do anything to fix it and therefore they changed my gearbox, official reason as announced by the chief rep for my region "there was a possibility that the old gearbox was not understanding correctly the new software"..... Even after installation of the new gearbox and all adaptation resets "through the computer" the gearbox was jerking just like before the change.... It took 1500 km of driving and "throttle down reset thing" to get things came back to almost normal! ... things back to absolute normal after the last software reset in October 2011...

PS. There is way to much electronics in this car and BMW guys, unfortunately, themselves do not know how it works! Not to mention how great of a programmers they are!
Appreciate 0