01-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #77
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowluke View Post
No that makes alot of sense, one of my main reasons for attending this was to have DVD in motion set and any other way of playing video files set. But also was this angel eye frustration, could you do me a favour and post a picture of your car tomorrow with the headlight on 0 in normal daylight so I can see if this is a worthwhile mod because I'm travelling very far to come this weekend which isn't an issue but I don't wanna waste mine or anyone else's time if you see what I mean.
So to summarise can you please post a picture or multiple pictures of the halo headlights in DRL mode as there is like 1 picture of this on the net and its from side on at night you can see a difference but its stupid the way the photo was took.
No promises but will try. Car is super dirty and had my eibach pro springs fitted today.

Quote:
Theres a guy at a BMW place in gloucester who said if I pay him £400 he will fit new high power LEDs to the headlight and marker (where the yellow lights should be that xenons have), he thinks he can code in such a way that he can utilize the power source from the full beam for both LEDs fool the headlight into thinking its Xenon and then fit Xenon bulbs ballasts etc. To be honest I don't want to do this because its a massive gamble... he says hes gonna send me proof of a F10 hes done this on and if he does I will post and probably have it done. It will be an easy tell because on the photo the indicators are all different from the halo for the LCI and the Pre LCI xenon which is just LEDs so he won't fool me!!!
I see what you are saying. You stated that we code the car to fool that it has xenon kit. By doing that it will increase the voltage going to halo rings and they will be brighter.

Its excellent idea however following flaws;
1- There is physical difference b/w halo rings of xenon cars and non-xenon.
So simply by increasing voltage going to it (via xenon coding), it is not going to make massive difference.
2- If xenon headlights have bi-xenon, then your high beam H7 will have different PMW, and that may not work properly. Again, it require some work.

If I get time in the future, I may experiment. But I have no high hopes considering point 1.

Quote:
In answer to the CREE led thing I was referring to these new CREE led h7 headlight kits that come with heat sinks the works and as they are LEDs they just draw current like traditional halogens and light up nothing as complicated as HID kits, after seeing all the HID kit stories and flickering issue I might opt for this kit as the seller is promising that it works and its an LED its either on or off nothing as complicated as Xenons so I'm hoping if its 30w the draw should be enough to fool the LCU into thinking its got a halo bulb but again its finding someone who will fit the kit and do a proper job as I'm to impatient to do it myself and I don't wanna f*** anything up... These CREE kits are 6000k as they're LEDs and not as bright as Bi-Xenon but much brighter than Halos and you get a nice crisp white look.
Any thoughts on this? as I'm trying to find someone to fit it then its gonna happen and ill post the result.

See the LED kit here on eBay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141441234649
I think you can try this. You get 14 days return policy and you can return them if you do not like them.
At least that will resolve your headlight issue. But it may not be as bright as HID / xenons.

Edited:
Here is some feedback on these LEDs H7
http://www.monsterlights.com.au/mons...ht_testing.htm
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...eadlights.html
http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/thr...-bulbs.189200/

So, answers is 'NO'!

Edit version 2: Low beam is very poor!

I would suggest you to continue this discussion on your other thread as we are hijacking OP's thread and I feel bit of guilty.

Last edited by makkan00; 01-14-2015 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0