View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
Yes, compounding will remove some clear coat. The idea is to remove enough clear coat to reduce the depth of the scratches in the clear coat.
Thanks for your entire post, ibimmer; on point with every question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NJ View Post
If you are willing to come to New Jersey I recommend the Detail Doctor in Shrewsberry, NJ great work and never had a issue.
Thanks for the referral(!), but planning to stay closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u080570 View Post
Since your car is a 2011, I doubt it's paint job is in that bad of shape -- what about having it clay barred (sp?) instead of compounding?
Paint it not bad, so may take you up on the clay bar suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
have you got photos? How bad is it?
No photos, but it's not bad. I have a similar story with my nearest dealer. Every single car in the showroom was damaged! Pointed it out and salesperson was very embarrassed and said fix all upon close. My thoughts were: (1) how didn't they see this themselves and (2) future owners may never know; not good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
I'm currently having my car paint corrected - as the dealer at no charge buffed out my hood, fenders, and doors as a bonus only to have buffer trails and holograms appear after the glaze was gone after I washed it the next week.
Thanks, yes, I'm just concerned for holograms, as I've had bodywork done to another car in the past and they left 'fish eyes', to which I complained, to which I believe the used a rotary buffer and glaze cover-up. I thought the car looked fine when leaving, but a month or so later I realized massive holograms.
Appreciate 0