View Single Post
      12-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #331
Greenscape1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550XI MSport

Not Hapy with B001314

Hi folks, new to this forum.. I have a 2013 550XI MSport.. brought it in for routine service and was told about this "Customer Care Package". 2 Days in the shop and not exactly clear on whether I had injectors or what replaced. I can tell you I had serious driveability issues following this and it had to return for another day. I am seriously not happy with the result.. I truly believe my car has less horsepower and has been detuned to some degree.. I opened up an issue with BMW on this and got nowhere.. I really do not like the terms of this recall and how a big part of this involves inspections for wear and the intervals have been shortened.. That's great when the vehicle is under warrantee, but what happens at 75K when one of these "inspections" uncover a Timing chain wear issue that was fine at 45k and now its 3-4,000 clams for the repair that's related to this recall ? Or, worse, the chain detonates and destroys the top end.. Like I said, My car has less boost and I'm thinking BMW did this to reduce strain and help prevent this engine from damage .. Would love others to chime in here..
Appreciate 0