View Single Post
      04-04-2017, 05:57 PM   #335
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

I wrote BMW, which resulted in the correspondence below.

Can someone explain why my injectors are not covered?

Why should a 2010 that had injectors replaced with index 11 injectors under CCP be covered for future failure, while a 2011 with index 11 injectors not be covered for future failure.

Doesn't make sense.

---

I write regarding my 2011 BMW 750Li xDrive, VIN…. Does a 10 year / 120k mile warranty extension apply to the parts covered under SI B11 06 14, the "N63 Engine: Customer Care Package"? Is my vehicle covered under said warranty extension?

---

Our records indicate that VIN…. has the following coverage:

BMW has extended the limited warranty for the Engine Vacuum Pump on this vehicle to 10 years/120,000 miles as determined from the original in-service date. This component-specific limited warranty extension is subject to all the applicable vehicle and coverage eligibility requirements, exclusions and limitations that apply to the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

BMW has extended the limited warranty for the cylinder head covers crankcase ventilation connecting line hoses on this vehicle to 10 years/120,000 miles as determined from the original in-service date. This component-specific limited warranty extension is subject to all the applicable vehicle and coverage eligibility requirements, exclusions and limitations that apply to the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

---

Please advise why my injectors aren't also covered by a 10 year / 120k mile extended warranty. The injectors are a part of the Customer Care Package.

---

As previously mentioned, vehicle warranty coverage is specific to a vehicle's identification number (VIN) and for your 2011 BMW 750Lxi, with VIN…., only the previously referenced coverage for the engine vacuum pump and cylinder head covers crankcase ventilation connecting line hoses exists.
Appreciate 1