View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #340
dblock2151
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Msport DG

Anyone get the gas tank/fuel pump replaced under the recall last year?

My car leaks gas badly when topped off. I've been filling up gas 3/4 tank for the past 3 months, has been to the dealer 4-5x since the recall came out LAST year Oct 2016, and not one mention. My F10 has 47k on it, 2011 model. Luckily still have a warranty until 2021, best peace of mind.

I have an appointment on the 27th to replace the fuel pump, and see if the tank needs to be replaced.

A short description of the recall and in-depth PDF link below.
Quote:
October 13, 2016
Year: 2011
Make and Model: BMW 550I US A
Recall Campaign No. 16V-746 IN-TANK FUEL PUMP
Last Updated: October 17, 2017

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
This safety recall involves the in-tank fuel pump. Over time, the fuel pump connector may become damaged which may be noticed by fuel odor. This could also lead to a fuel leak during refueling, or when cornering while driving. The fuel pump could also stop working.

SAFETY RISK
If the fuel pump stops working, a no-start condition or, in rare cases, a stalling condition without the ability to restart the vehicle could occur.

DESCRIPTION OF REPAIR
The in-tank fuel pump will be replaced. Due to the large volume of fuel pumps needed to repair vehicles, the final owner notification letters will be staggered. As parts supply increases, all owners of affected vehicles will be notified by First Class mail. When you receive your final letter, you should make an appointment with an authorized BMW center immediately.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf RecallLetter.pdf (47.6 KB, 342 views)
Appreciate 0