View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
jakepratt
Rep
Drives: 535xi GT?

Thanks all....yeah....good idea. I figure the SC pickup would save at least a week and ensure the PDI is done by someone competent. It also kind of solves another problem i was having....where to buy the car. The price i am getting locally is about 1000 higher than i can get from a dealer 4 hours away....if i pick up at the SC plant that solves that problem as i can just fly out there and enjoy the day and drive home.

I am thinking i may ditch the smartphone integration. It hadn't occurred to me that it would take space away. I probably will drop an ipod in the car and that can live in the center console with the normal cable so i don't really plan to use my iPhone with the car except to answer calls.

I am really waffling on the HUD. I'm reading that its going to be in color starting in march and seems like a good safety feature....but not sure its worth the extra expense. I'm thinking maybe ditch the smartphone integration in favor of the HUD.

I have one other question....if anyone is still reading What would you say are you major disappointments with the GT. It seems every care i have ever bought had a few that i never realized till i lived with it. Are there any little gotchas that are annoying you? Cupholders driving ya crazy? Seats to hard? AC not cooling as well in the summer? ....stuff like that
Appreciate 0