View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
Keyinhand
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 528i (sold); F44 M235 GC (

I use the HUD on every road trip (or every time I have the NAV running as I find it very helpful) and also on day to day commutes when i can open the car up - I really love the way the speed limit comes up in front of me, so I can keep eyes on the road, not even having to look down at the needle. VERY helpful at night, and I drive a 528i…with the power you are about to get in a 550i, spend that money and enjoy the HUD.

The best part of the HUD when not in use - on the MY 2011 cars, it means you also have the extended instrument cluster (at least in US Spec cars), which is something i enjoy every time I drive the car - the ability to quickly thumb thru playlists via the steering wheel button and see at a glance the next 3-4 songs is something I use daily. Not sure if MY 2012 is the same, but that little extra feature is worth it to me…and the HUD is the one "toy" i opted in for when i ordered mine, after turning down the night vision (too expensive and would not get enough use where i live) and drivers assistance - wish they had put the triangle warning light inside the cabin ala vovlo and not on the mirror and hard to see in real world use).
Appreciate 0