Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
The GT was never meant to be a mainstream model - it costs more than an equivalent touring/wagon and combines a package of exterior and interior features that appeal to a certain segment of drivers looking for more space, luxury comfort with compromising great BMW precision and performance.

I put my money where my mouth is and got one. I have never been happier!!
It ticks all the important boxes for me - BMW driving precision, motorway cruising, superb acceleration and bucketloads of space in one of BMWs best interior cabins at this time.

Spec the car right and you get a lot of attention at traffic lights and on the road! There arent too many of these cars around so people want to know more, love the powerful on-road presence without the overt aggressive macho look.

Some colors work better than others: Sapphire Black, Sophisto Grey, Space Grey and Alpine White are among the best I have seen; I am yet to be convinced by the Neptune Blue and Havana Beige.

The bigger the alloys, the better.

On the interior, nothing beats the unlacquered matt fineline wood trim IMHO along with the Cohiba Brown leather extended package.

BMWNA made a fatal strategic flaw expecting a niche model [the GT] to potentially replace a mainstream model [the wagon]; it has learnt the hard way. But in Europe, Asia, South Africa, even Japan and Australia; the GT is meeting expectations.

If the actual driving experience of real-world owners is anything to by (rather than perception of die-hard BMW owners unwilling to see their brand evolve), then you should take the leap - get an extended test drive to see if this is the right car for your driving needs, driving style and of course your heart.

Good luck!
+1
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0