View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Forrester
Rep
Drives: F11

November last year was when it was manufactured. Bought it in April well before the Olympics, but interestingly, BMW itself was buying up demonstrators from the dealers about that time. There really seemed to be a shortage and I 'lost' four intended/possible purchases that I'd marked out from the approved website over one weekend. I guess BMW found that they had a shortfall for the Games. That's what the dealer said was going on at any rate. And that's when I found about the BMW list.

The BMW list is where the dealers get a lot of their used stock anyway - you can tell by the YC reg if you look on the approved BMW site and look at the reg numbers. Any YC ref has been registered by BMW and not the dealer and so it means its come from the list (so I'm told).

All I can say is that mine was and is absolutely perfect with no problems whatsoever. I really, truely could not have said whether the car was new or not apart from looking at the clock. But I'd agree about there being possible problems with an ex-Olympic car that's been used to crawl about London with some athletes/games officials who don't care about it. Though I didn't think there were many 5 series used - I think it was all 1 and 3 series.
Appreciate 0