View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
LastFrontierBimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F32 435i xDrive MSport

Are you referring to "Dynamic Damper Control" (DDC) as BMW calls it? If yes, I find it unpleasantly amusing that they would market an "M Sport" package without DDC. It seems that would make it all about looks without function. The "Sport Package" (non-M) on my '12 F10 535xi came with (in the order listed): DDC; Leather Sports Steering Wheel (same as "M" but without the "M" emblem); 19" Alloy V-Spoke Wheels; Multi-contour Seats (a must); Shadowline Exterior Trim; and, Anthracite Headliner.

The DDC, seats and 19" wheels are all very function-oriented IMHO. So I've got all the functional "sport" features of the M Sport but without the M body-package, which is how I wanted it.

I have no idea how the 535i suspension rides without DDC but I can tell you that I use DDC regularly. I like to leave it in "comfort" setting when simply tooling around on bumpy, crap roads. Then on longer drives, I set "sport" mode to firm chassis but with the "soft" throttle response to improve handling while saving fuel. When I want to get on it, I put it in "sport+", which virtually eliminates body-roll, disables traction control, and defaults to aggressive throttle response. For me, "M Sport" without DDC would be a deal-breaker, as I have no desire to have the "M" look without functional features.

For '13, I understand that the "sport" package with Multi-contour seats may be no more, and you've got to order them separately. Perhaps they've watered-down the "M Sport" package too? I don't know - perhaps someone more familiar with the Bimmer line can comment.
2014 435i xDrive MSport / Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Dakota Leather / MPPK / 6MT / 19" / M Sport Brakes / DINAN Springs / Bilstein B8 / Technology Package / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Driver Assist / HK Sound
Appreciate 0