View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Just curious, but what percentage of 335i's would you guess are tuned? My guess is about 1-2%. I'd guess an ATS with an LS motor swap would walk all over a tuned 335i, but there will probably be seven folks that go for that.

I get that you're really just saying that the turbo motor in the 335i provides easier tuning than the n/a motor in the ATS, but given that the Camaro V6 uses the same motor and has a few tuning options already, I don't think it's a given that a tuned 335i will be any quicker than a tuned ATS, especially on a track, where the limited slip on the ATS should help greatly. Of course we're talking about the fringe of near luxury sedan owners; stock for stock, this should be an interesting comparison.
Motor swaps are another different story. If you swap the 335i engine for a 4.4l twin turbo m5/m6 engine will that LS motor walk all over the 335i, no. Other than a motor swap I'm pretty sure a fbo + meth 335i will destoy the tuned n/a ATS. Yes, it will be great competition between the two stock for stock, but the ATS has a lot of proving that it lives up to being better than the 3 series which sounds like Cadillac's main focal point.
Appreciate 1