11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #158
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
Slightly off topic but I removed my JB3 today as it was going into the autobody shop for a few days and then next Monday going to the dealer to have the global update. I was afraid I wouldn't have time to remove it next weekend. Boy, you sure do forget how different it is without the JB3 (let alone the JB4). The hesitation was immediately back and that loss of kick is really, really noticeable. 10 minutes after I get it back next week I'll have it back in.
Well, I got my baby back after having the "global update" performed and I must say there is big difference in how she runs. The hesitation is gone (responds like the JB3 does) when in non-sport mode and she seems to have more spring in her step. I'm going to run her JB3 free for a few days just to get the "real" feel of her running bareback again. I was depressed last week before the global update as she was a bit sluggish and hesitated at times (especially when compared to having the JB3 on her). It will be interstiing to see/feel the difference when I slip the JB3 back on her. But I must say guys, the update does make her feel better. I know some have complained that right after the update the hesitation, etc. was gone but after time it has reappeared. I won't go too long before I put the JB3 back on so I doubt I'll experience the return of the hesitation (if indeed it were to return).