02-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Whoa! so i'm better off waiting for this than getting an M5? some nice power there but we all know that the first year are the one's that come out with issues...what do you guys think? i love the body style and lines! probably the only part i don't like is how the lights connect to the front grill but DAMN...21" wheels! so i'm going to play dummy here i'm guessing the Alpina is the M7 for the 7 series?
Nice straight-line performance, but this car is seriously large. The 7 has grown in size, like all other BMWs, and I just can't imagine the size of this car making it a fun "sporty" ride - power aside.

Alpina is a 3rd party that customizes BMWs and resells them as their own bespoke models - but the relationship is such that BMW advertises and sells their after-market creations. They produce models based on the 3, 5, 6, 7, and x3 I believe. So, you can think of the Alpina B7 as an "M7" since BMW claims they'll never make one.
Appreciate 1