View Single Post
      05-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #28
bukes3xn
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport

I vote for Space Grey...

I had exactly the same dilemna, Carbon Black or Space Grey. I'd seen a Carbon Black M Sport in the showroom and it was stunning. It was the car that convinced me to buy a 5er M Sport. I hadnt seen a Space Grey in the flesh but thought how classy they looked in the brochure. My head ruled my heart and I chose Space Grey down to the amount of time I had just spent keeping a black A4 half tidy looking. I took delivery of my 520d M Sport at the end of last month and had spent the past two months convincing myself that I'd made the wrong choice and should have gone Carbon Black. I was thinking that I'd be stuck with a 3 year lease on a car whose colour I was indifferent about at best...

The day it arrived... Well, I was amazed. The doubt disappeared as soon as I saw it. As others say, the body lines stand out so well. The contrast with the dark intakes / grill / black window surrounds / dark rear valance is just so right. The body colour is similiar enough, but also different enough, to bring the wheels into the picture (you know how some colours can make big wheels look a bit lost or out of place?).

I've always had dark cars, Black, Dark Grey, Dark Blue. As everyone says they look stunning clean, they look bad for a bit and funnily enough if you get them properly "distressed" they kinda look cool again! My wife has a silver Merc and yeah it's easy to keep clean but its dull dull dull...

At the end of the day, I think you would be more than happy with either colour. It's a great dilemna to have. And dont forget, you cant see the colour when you're enjoying the best view of the car, the one from the drivers seat!
Appreciate 0