View Single Post
      09-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #142
MojoeF10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc031662 View Post
Well, that was a waste of time. After being at the dealer over a week and getting "the fix", my F10 still pulls to the right. I took a video this morning (
) - sorry I'm not all that great of a cameraman. Unfortunately, the video doesn't show the full severity of the pull, but I think it's still recognizable.

The bottom line on the "fix" is this: in my opinion it's no fix at all - at least not a real one, rather just one to appease us poor slobs who ended up with these cars with the defective EPS units - and it's also an attempt by BMW to deal with the issue quickly and quietly, wiping the egg off their face to be certain that their image/reputation is not marred by this problem. After talking with the people at my dealership, the general assumption is that BMW may in fact know that the EPS unit is bad in these cars, but due to the cost of replacing lord knows how many that are defective, they are instructing the dealers ONLY to do this fix. I'm going to take my car back and tell them this ain't gonna fly and to escalate it up the food chain. I want a new EPS. If that doesn't happen, I'll let my attorney take over and he can sue whomever the hell he wants - but it won't be for an EPS - it will be for a heck of a lot more.

For what it's worth, I've attached the page of my work order that deals with the so-called fix. There are some codes I highlighted that may/may not mean something (Defect Code 3200029700 and some labor operation codes). Oh - btw, don't go in with a full tank of gas if you're getting the fuel gauge recall done - they'll drain about half - and if they're like my dealer, they won't fill it back up.

Sorry for the attitude - just thought this crap would have been over now...
man...sorry to hear. This makes me second guess my decision to concede so early. But based on your video, yours is much worse than mine. I've come to the conclusion that my car is VERY sensitive to the crown in the road. But honestly, I feel the same way you do...I don't think this has been a true fix. I think my car still has issues. But I guess I'm at a point now where it's not too bad...and I'm tired of fighting with BMW.
Appreciate 0