10-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #52
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
I'm not sure what an SE model is. Is that the same as the Sport Package in the USA ? Your car certainly looks like an M Sport model, albeit with chrome around the windows instead of shadowline trim. But in the US you could have ordered a Monaco Blue E60 with the M Sport (or the DSB with M-Sport) so could you please help me understand what you achieved by doing what you did ? The suspension is the same on the M Sport as the non-M-Sport in the US, so that's why I'm confused.
Hi TunedIn, kind of late response from me but better than never, the SE model is the comfort option, in Ireland, UK and many other EU corners, the main reason for me was to get over not going for the M sport when ordering my car new, I guess my head did beat my heart back then the SE is some 5k cheaper than the M sport.
For differences, with the M you get match lower sport suspension with run flat tires as standard, in Ireland it was simply a big sacrifice on comfort (on the F10 no longer an issue).
I also went for 19” rims with normal tires so managed to even improve comfort as well as looks coming from 17” run flat tires.
The cost well slightly more expensive compare to an original order, but it somehow felt like new car certainly from the outside.
On the basis that I ordered a F10 M sport in less than a year after the conversion, it was a costly one, but I guess decision made by hart are simply that, I have no regret going for it simply because to me the E60 m sport is by far more aggressive and better looking than the F10 one I currently have.
Appreciate 0