02-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbykurva View Post
I hope they never put this car into production... I'm not a fan of the X6 either. I also don't believe the 1 series belongs in America either. I guess I'm a purist - I don't like the direction BMW is going. If you're going to make a wagon - make it a wagon and not some mish-mosh of sedan/wagon.

As for the 1 series, it's a cute car, but I think it's watering down the brand. BMW is for the luxury/enthusiast crowd. It is to some degree a status symbol as well. Each of these costs money. Putting the 1 series out there is just a gimmick to make getting into a BMW more affordable. When I see the 1 series on the road, it makes me squirm. It's proportions are funny and looks like a clown car. That's just not a good image for BMW IMHO.
I agree with that, and Mercedes learned their lesson the hard way. With the R Class failure.Why would something that failed need competition?

Don't you think they started watering down the brand a little earlier then that? I mean we now have the 1,3,5,5 GT,6,7 X1,X3,X5,X6, X5-M, X6-M,Z4, M5,M6 and the BMW PAS. They started watering down the brand awhile ago. Just like MB ruined their brand image. BMW is heading towards the same fate.
Appreciate 0