09-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5 View Post
Sorry, it's the inside I am referring to.

I had the very first wash with Hot Foam, engine running with A/C on - when the wash is done I noticed this very thin layer of water vapour. Tried to clean that with the front demister - didn't work. Then tried with the microfibre cloth> It looks cleaned but whenever the rain falls or light flashes patches and marks strongly appear from the inside of the windscreen.

I know the newspapers printed in black are a good solution but haven't tried hoping someone would have a better answer.
I use a foaming spray on the outside followed up by a chemical called rain-x. Inside i use the foaming spray on a bounty paper towel. Look up autosportcatalog and search for windshield cleaner. They sell a foam padded microfiber 'wand' that does a good job.

Over time you might see 'degassification' from the plastics inside the car. On glass it looks like you've had a smoker in the car.

Edit: Autosport window cleaner, window cleaner and don't forget to check the detailing forum over at e90post. A lot of useful info there. There is also a forum member who runs a detailing business and he is literally full of useful tips to keep your F10 looking clean.

Last edited by E60orBust; 09-15-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: updated w/links
Appreciate 0