E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
With all due respect Ferrari knows how to run a race better than you do. This is the second time you've mentioned this in the thread so I am commenting this time. They stack the two cars because the four seconds Massa lost waiting on Alonso is still less time than he would've lost had he stayed out another lap. The teams aren't stupid. If Massa had've spent another lap out running at SC speed and pitted once the race was under way again he would've ended up much farther back.
Unfortunately not in this case....you can blame that Massa and Alonso stuck behind the safety car because of Hamilton....
but see where did Massa ended after pit stop rotation?
P14 after the race and P11 after the 5 second penalty was handed out to all drivers who violated the Safety car in-lap time....

In the past they can stack car because team strategy can play around with fuel loads and pit time...now its just tire change and expect them to finish the race....

anyhow...i'm not the only one criticize Ferrari's stack car strategy....
Ted Kravis from BBC also said Massa waited for his pit and all the traffic had gone pass and eventually stuck behind everyone....he was at P17 at one point....simply put...any second waited doing nothing is wasted in motor racing....

i guess its might be just pure bad luck for the ferraris....but the result spoke for itself....cheers....

i could be arm-chair racing strategist.....but sometime things are just so obvious.....
e.g. Malaysia GP 2009....its still not justify to put FULL WET tires on Kimi when the track is still BONE DRY....not a single drop of rain yet....

Last edited by E90SLAM; 07-01-2010 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0