View Single Post
      10-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #32
Expatmarais
France
Rep
Drives: f10 535d MSport

Hi, i'm still reading these posts with interest as my own situation is starting to drive me crazy! Thought it would be helpful to update in case you want to advise your own dealerships to try the following - as it hasn't worked in my case...
My dealer continues to be v supportive in fact even more so since the head of the workshop and a salesman both have the same problem with their vehicles (both 530D with 18'' running continental ssc 3 run flats - as per mine)
There is a great deal of interest and my car is being used as the dummy to find solutions for the now 6 owners of vehicles supplied by the same dealership with same pbm. After logging pbm on PUMA, factory suggested swapping out my M Sport Alloys for a different model of 18'' wheel (it has 10-12 spokes) and equipping with summer Dunlop 245/65 R18 front and back instead of the larger rear vs front configuration I had previously. The summer Dunlops were out of stock and so they had a trial run with Michelins of same size. Although the initial effect felt better they were somewhat alarmed when the vibrations appeared all of a sudden and on inspection of rear nearside tyre is was extremely hot to the touch to the point that discolouring to a blue bruising on tyre wall.

In the meantime the Dunlops still haven't come in and they've had my vehicle for 10 days trying various tests (not sure what to be honest). I am due to move to winter tyres shortly and so they had an idea to equip me already and try another different model of alloy but same size as above. I have Dunlop Winter Sport 3D in above size and driving away from dealership 2 nights ago i was in a different car. Smooth. composed. Not a hint of vibration. A pull to the right has appeared however and this is documented elsewhere on this forum.
Interestingly I stopped for fuel as was completely empty. Filled up 80 litres (80kg) of weight and guess what? Not only has the vibration come back, but it starts at around 60kmph now. By 110 (111 to be exact) it's a shudder and is worse if anything. Seat, headrest, accelerator and steering to answer your q Baloo588.
All reported following day to dealership and helpful for them to know that additional weight in car over rear axle is having an effect. Car goes back in tomorrow for the summer dunlop test and since in the meantime another PUMA log has been made, response from Factory has been to check tension ° in a number of wheel and suspension components - which they will also perform tomorrow. i will of course keep you updated. I love this car - it's getting so fast now i've got 6K on the clock, but driving me totally mad as Chrisr111 said its like OCD. Anyone got any other suggestions i can ask my dealer to try? I'm aware I must start to sound like a lunatic...
Appreciate 0