View Single Post
      03-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #34
r00r
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
+1

There have been a significant number of problems with the N63 IMHO. If you want the 550xi, I'd go with the '14 or '15. Otherwise, as another member suggested get the 535xi and put a tune on it. You can get close to the same power (the N63 was only 400hp as opposed to 445hp of the N63TU) with less weight.

Unless you'll be holding the car for a year or two max, I'd seriously consider staying away from a 2011. Whether it's paid for or not, having any significant problem (especially if it leaves you stranded somewhere) is a lifestyle issue in my book. I don't have the time or patience for a car that could be unreliable. And sure, there are some who will never have an issue during their ownership, but we're now talking about a 4 or 5 year old car, so it's just getting to the age where more serious issues can begin to crop up.
I'm definitely set on the 550xi. It's kind of sad that after only 4 years a car is considered a ticking time bomb.

I'd love to have a '14 but the price is a little more than what I am looking to spend right now.

This thread has basically left me just as confused as before I started it
Appreciate 0