01-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonford View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to pass on a DIY I just did involving the rear camera retrofit from Bimmer-Tech. First, it was this forum that even made it possible for me. Only reason I went this route was because of a smoking deal a got on 13 F10 M-Sport from Classic BMW, money wise, i could not walk away from the deal. The car pretty much had all i wanted but the camera. That went away when i started reading here and I got the car.

Bimmer-Tech is the true deal folks. I'm in the USA and they are in Poland, I placed my order and had the hardware 3 days later. Are you kidding me??? I have ordered from other vendors that are in the states and takes MUCH longer to get what i order.

Anyway, the retro is a piece of cake to install. What slows you down is the darn trim. but nothing difficult at all. In fact, its one of the easiest cars i tore apart. Bimmer-Tech provides some nice guides on how to remove the key pieces.

Basically, I installed the camera and ran a cable along the passenger side, following the bmw tunnels all the way to the lcd unit up front. The pin out of what wire to tap into are provided which made it so much easier. I was so confident of my work that I buttoned it all up before testing it and VOLA had a rear view in reverse!!! I was also surprised that it had the trajectory lines, totally awesome! The guys are great and you will be in good hands with their product. Mateusz was awesome!

Just wanted to recognize an exceptional vendor here!!!
Thank you very much for the feedback!
I am glad to see another happy customer

By the way, if you want to get rid of the static parking lines and just keep the trajectory lines please email us for instructions.
Appreciate 0