View Single Post
      03-29-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by listerone View Post
I'm not European but I am a diesel fan (fanatic,actually),having just bought my second diesel.In this country,at least,I think a concerted effort to *promote* diesels should be made largely because the typical diesel gets 20-40% better mileage than its equally powered "petrol" sibling.The US is far bigger than is Europe and is much less densely populated and our train system (apart,possibly,from the Northeast Corridor) is basically non-existent.So cars are far more important here...and in countries like Canada and Australia...than they are in Europe.

And if Europe didn't allow itself to be bullied by leftist "the workers control the means of production" types and the "if we all committed suicide the planet would be much cleaner" types things might be very different.:confused2
LOL , well written

In my country the 535d is some 6 or 7000 euros more expensive compared to a 535i, with equal performance.
OK mpg is better with a 535d, but me doing only 20,000kms(12.5k miles) a year, I 'd better drive a petrol than a dieselcar....
Appreciate 0