02-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #15
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
Agreed, to each their own. Your exhaust sounds great, but its loud and obnoxious for my needs (just like Sergey's is). If I were single, and only rode alone, it would be good. For most 550 owners, I think that is the case too. Also, I am curious to hear the exhaust on a stock catted car, as yours is catless. It's def. much less aggressive, and I might think quite differently about it. Maybe I'll end up with one if your downpipes are really whats killing it for me right now. I had a full catless 135i before this, and it got old, quickly.

Not being able to mentally spend $1k on M5 mufflers/x-pipe/labor is the not same as not being able to spend $3k on Eisenmann/Supersprint mufflers alone. Same as people spending $1k on a CF front lip, or anything above $3k on wheels is nuts for some, and normal for others. I have watches worth 5x some spend on wheels, I just could never justify it for wheels.

Moral of the story is... you're right... no full system exists for what the LSD setup will likely cost. And there's a lot to be said for that, so thank you from those who are going to send up getting it. It's going to be the best value option for those wanting a full system, for complete sound and more power. It's sad the availability for the F10 platform but it's dictated by sales volume of the car and the demographic and desire of those to mod.
Well the sound you heard from that video, was catless, and also was the prototype system.
So its nothing like the real one. It was just a test system to see if the set up we had in mind worked.

Muffler will be hand made, as oppose to the proto type system that was a generic style muffler.

Im excited to see what the system will sound like.

Ill keep everyone posted. Im missing my car already! Been in the shop for 5 days now
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0