Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F30 335i M-Sport EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik
My brother went by the MB dealership in Brooklyn (Ceasar's bay), and all cars are flooded, including SLS AMG, couple of *65AMG's, and other top end cars... If I was MB headquarters, I would have the dealership owner and manager shot. Why wouldn't you bring couple of trucks, load up your inventory and just drive it down to PA, or deep jersey??? I mean the dealership is right in the bay area! If I was their insurance company, i'd just tell them to go f* themselves. Can you imagine paying out insurance on these cars???
yes, they should've, or even had them on flatbeds where they would be several feet in the area, I'm assuming you heard this from someone familiar with the dealership as I can't see that dealership having a lot of AMG's, nonetheless an SLS.. anyway

as for the insurance company, do you understand how much money they rake in when there are no natural disasters.. which is crap.. almost all the time;

Katrina though, did test the wallets of these insurance companies, but I don't think Sandy will be as costly as the most expensive hurricane in U.S. History..
I think this will wind up being more expensive than Katrina. Property values are much higher here, and I also heard the pieces of art destroyed in Chelsea NYC is alone valued in the Billions.

As for why people didn't leave or move their valuables with all the warnings given, we were given almost the exact same message a year ago with Irene and it wound up being a big thunderstorm. Combine that with lack of major flooding events in this area in the past and it becomes like a poker hand where you are drawing dead. I live in the hardest hit area of Staten Island and what you are seeing on TV is a watered down depiction of how devastating this storm truly was. Cars are such an afterthought to everybody here at this point.

Prev:
07 E92 335i Montego/Saddle - Stage 2+
Appreciate 0