View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Text to talk question

I finally have gotten my Iphone 4S consistently synched to my car for e-mail purposes (thanks to some great tips on this board).

When e-mails come through, the envelope icon appears and you can open e-mails, read the subject line and delete them (from the car, not the phone).

One nice option is the text to talk function, which reads the e-mail to you while you drive along. This works well, expect when it doesn't. Perhaps a third of the time, the system freezes. Then, you can't even go back to music. Eventually the sound clears and music returns. Placing a call or stopping the car will always clear. This obviously isn't a terribly big deal. But I wonder if I am doing something wrong and whether anyone else has had this experience. I wonder if I need to let the e-mail "load" longer before I try to play it.

Thanks for you thoughts.
2013 F10 550i | 6 Speed Manual | M Sport Package | Carbon Black | Oyster & Black Nappa | Dynamic Handling w/Dynamic Damper Control | Executive Package (Comfort Access - Soft Close - HUD) | B&O Sound | Luxury Seating & Heated Seats
(retired: 2002 E39 540i | 6 Speed Manual)
Appreciate 0