08-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
Amleto63
Commander
Italy
Rep
Drives: F10 520d Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanpgomez2
I recently took delivery of my manual 550i. I have noticed that when I am driving at low rpms (between 1500 to 2000) and trying to keep a constant speed (for example driving through a 30 mph speed trap zone) the car does not feel smooth at all and there is an unevenness or hesitation, which makes it very uncomfortable. I also have noticed that if I am on sixth gear at the same rpm range and I accelerate, the car does accelerate without problems thanks to the torque but it also feels uneven until it gets passed beyond 2 or 3k rpms. I think it may be a software issue and I am bringing it to the dealer but want to see if someone else has experienced the same issue. This is not due to the car being in the wrong gear. I have driven manual cars all my life and this motor does not lack torque. I never experienced this on any of my previous manual BMWs, eventhough they had far less torque than this one. I have read about some jerkiness issues with the auto transmission cars but this seems to be different.
Thanks.
That's the reason BMW engineers adopted the ZF auto 8 gears. XXI century technology engine with a XIX century technology manual transmission?