View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
br0ck92
Rep
Drives: 2013 f10 550i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
HELPPP !!!! have some questions about custom exhaust

i currently have a 550i. i love the car but the only thing that bothers me is a weak exhaust sound. i wanted to get some advise from fellow members cause i know some ppl have already done this. i was thinking about using m5 or m6 mufflers and created a custom catless x-pipe or mid-pipe and that connected to some AR's. I had some concerns about check engine and error codes. If i created a custom catless x-pipe or mid-pipe will have a check engine light and if so i do i prevent it. I also wanted to know if muffler or downpipes will cause the same. cause i previously had a 335i with ar dps and i had a check engine light. Also i wanted to know if i use mufflers from that are made for a 335 or any other car will it fit and will it cause problems. i would think that as long i create an x-pipe or mid-pipe to extend out enough to connect the mufflers it would be ok. but since theses mufflers arent made for a 550i for example remus or etc will it cause any problems on my car.

Any feedback would be great and very helpfull. Never made a custom pipe system so this is very new to me.