01-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #8
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

VDC if you can

Hi jdc06

Some good advice from other posters above already, and as Shake n Bake said there are supporters and skeptics of VDC.

I have the new 520d M Sport on 18" 350M rims. I wanted to get VDC as I had driven a demo car with it (and SE with thinner tyres), noticeably comfortable whilst being very safe and predictable.... but could not afford it in my limit.

My experience (and each to their own!) is that it is OK 90% of the time, but not sumptuous (I deleted Sport Suspension BTW). You really notice on bad roads with potholes and rough parts... but perhaps I expecting too much. What I can say is that it does soak it up still, as in the car does not shudder or lose track, but you feel it... I suspect because of the 245's at front and 275's at back you get more feedback.

I don't regret not having it (i.e no grudges), and the more I drive it without VDC, the more I get used to what I have, and really it's fine, my family say I am too picky!.... well of course I am that's why I got a BMW !

Overall, the sheer control and smooth cornering with no feeling of rolling or diving, makes me feel OK I don't have VDC...

Flappy paddles: great when you are in Comfort mode and want to change down quickly without using the accelerator to floor it/kick down... and exhilarating when pulling off into traffic in Sport or Sport+... and they feel very solid in your hands compared to paddles I had in a VW Touran.

Anything else.... I didn't get Satnav, and miss it from my Audi.... and I have basic radio, which compared to Audi and Touran, is boring ... so would get the next one up if you can.

Good luck in your choice!

jedpause

Last edited by jedpause; 01-23-2012 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: grammar fix
Appreciate 0