View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

I just want to clear a few things up for a few people that may not understand or are confused.

I know you are frustrated because you did not get the 100hp they claim. However there claim is HP @ the crank not to the wheels like you are comparing on the dyno so the results are going to be less. 100hp gain @ the crank does not= 100HP @ the wheels

Second- Its very hard to compare dyno #s when done on different days. Especially when one session was in August and the other in January. Weather conditions play a HUGE role in #s and how the car performs. Also it plays a very very big role on how the dyno #s are "corrected" through the software. That right there can be a 10-20hp difference maybe more maybe less.

Third-comparing dynojet #s to Mustang dyno #s isnt very accurate. If a car makes 400hp on a DJ its NOT going to make it on an MD. There really is no REAL conversion factor between DJ and MD #s, there are WAY to many variables.

One last thing as an example just to shed some light on dyno #s. You can do a pull and make XXX #s. If you strapped the car tighter or looser to the dyno and changed tire pressure, that alone with change the #s.

There are so many variables that come into play when dynoing a car its not even funny. If its not done on the same day on the same dyno its hard to get an accurate comparison. Trust me on this. I have dynoed cars hundreds of times. One of the reasons why we like to call the dyno the "heartbreaker" because it never makes what you think it will. There are just to many things that come into play when comparing this stuff and alot of people get wrapped up in #s.
Appreciate 0