View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #1
ghost_1on
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

Unhappy Extremely frustrating issue with no bass in speakers at random times

Hi all,

So I've been battling this issue for about 3 months now but only recently had the courage to actually start replacing parts since my BMW 535i 2011 is now out of warranty.

About 3 months ago all the bass in my car cut out but the speakers remained functional. I checked with the balance/fader and all the speakers(front and back) were outputting sound.

This had happened before but usually within 15 to 30 minutes the bass would return but this time it was out for several days. One day it came back and stayed functional for about a week.

So I read through the forums and found that the issue was most likely my amplifier. I ordered a donor amplifier of the same model off ebay and 2 days before it arrived the bass returned in my car.

I went ahead and changed the amplifier successfully and the bass remained functional for about 2 weeks until yesterday - while playing my music fairly loudly it cut out again and has not yet returned. So maybe the amplifier wasn't the issue? Is there a chance this donor amplifier also gave out or had issues?

Another important point is I noticed while testing my sound prior to the install of the new amp - that my driver said subwoofer was not working at all. The bass was only coming from the passenger side. I read in the forums this could possibly cause a short to the amplifier and also could be a reason the bass is cutting out - but woud all the bass cut out even on the working subwoofer?

Really would like to fix this issue myself as this car has already been through quite a bit in terms of repairs which were luckily covered by a third party warranty.

All and any help is appreciated!

Appreciate 0